Last week I wrote how we were loving our Door to Door Organics deliveries. This week on our delivery I added in all the stuff I would need to make chili since the weather is getting colder and chili is the perfect warm you up kind of meal. I love that I can have fresh, organic foods delivered right to my door! I got everything I needed except for the spices since I already have them at home. Bison meat is one of my husband’s and my favorite meats so I wanted to give it a try in some chili. It’s a low in fat meat; I didn’t even drain the meat after cooking it.
Bison Chili Recipe
- 1 lbs ground bison
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 cup of carrot finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder I would use less if your kids don't like spicy
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can garbonzo beans
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- In a large stock pot add your bison meat, onions, and carrots. Cook your bison meat until brown and onions are see through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on high until it starts bubbling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread and whatever toppings you may like: diced onion, cheese, sour cream, etc.
I love my chili with lots of beans because it fills me up and keeps me full longer. I love the way this chili turned out. It’ll be great to warm us up after Trick or Treating tonight! Do you have a go to meal that you have every Halloween?
If you’d like to try Door to Door Organics, I can offer you $10 off your first delivery and I’m giving away 3 separate $50 gift cards! Check to see if Door to Door Organics delivers to you and the $10 off coupon code will automatically populate for you. For the giveaway, visit my post on Door to Door Organics. (Giveaway ends November 8, 2014)
Note: I received a gift certificate in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.