Caramel is my down fall. I LOVE caramel. When I found the new Nestle Tollhouse Caramel Filled Delightfulls. I had to get them and build some kind of recipe around them. I was in the mood for some ice cream, so I decided to make a chunky caramel swirl ice cream. The chunks are not only the caramel filled chocolate chips, but also waffle cone chunks drizzled with melted caramel chocolate chips.
Chunky Caramel Swirl Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 bag NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Caramel Filled DelightFulls
- 2 waffle cones broken into pieces
- caramel ice cream topping
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla bean paste until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour vanilla ice cream ingredients into ice cream maker and churn per directions.
- While your ice cream is churning, melt 1/2 bag of the caramel filled chocolate chips with the double boiler method.
- Place waffle cone pieces on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle chocolaty caramel over waffle cone pieces and then place in freezer to harden.
- When ice cream is done churning, drizzle in some caramel topping, add waffle cone pieces, and remainder of caramel filled chocolate chips. Churn for another minute to mix the items in.
- Place in freezer for a few hours to firm up a bit.
This ice cream never left the soft serve consistency, but it was AWESOME! I seriously can not wait to make this again. The kids keep begging me for it.