Day 12! Only 13 days til Christmas! Yesterday I battled a major migraine that turned me into a not so nice person. Praying I don’t have a repeat today. I’m suddenly feeling a little off in the head. (I know, that doesn’t sound right!) I got my exercise in hoping it’d help with today. Today’s cookie is Rolo Snickerdoodles. I decided to go with the mini Rolos because they were in a bag and not wrapped. I would definitely go with a full size Rolo for this cookie, though. There’s not enough caramel and chocolate in the cookie.
Rolo Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Decorating Sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand mixer until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop out in 1 tablespoon amounts and roll dough around Rolos.
- Roll balls into decorating sugar.
- Arrange on baking sheet and baking for only 12-14 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Rachel Schultz