Day 18 of the 25 Days of Cookies! Today I’m featuring a cookie by my friend Di because I had my first cookie fail yesterday. It wasn’t a TOTAL fail, but her recipe turned out so much better than mine. We both were trying to make up our own Piña Colada cookies. Believe me, hers are MUCH better. I went shopping today to get missing ingredients for a few cookies I want to try. I’m going to get to baking as soon as I get this post published!
Piña Colada Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- sifted together
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 tsp rum extract
- 2 tsp vanilla or coconut extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- Maraschino Cherries halved.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream Sugar and Shortening together until combined.
- Add in Cream of Coconut, Drained Pineapple and Extracts and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet slowly until fully incorporated.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet and top with Coconut and 1/2 of a Maraschino Cherry.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.