My roommate found these on AllRecipes and made them last night for dinner. They are delicious! I just reheated one for lunch. (Not quite as good the next day, but still yummy.) They are very filling! Normally when I have a quesadilla I could eat more than one. Not with these! Definitely give them a try. I don’t even miss having meat in them.
Black Bean Quesadilla
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 8 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.