About two weeks ago I was on the hunt for some recipes for my meal planning. I still get emails from Dine Without Whine so I went through her menu plans. I came across her Cube Steak Parmigiana recipe and decided to try that. I changed up a few things to make it my own. This was a huge hit with all of the kids. Little Man asked for thirds and fourths! (I only gave him a few small pieces each time.)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 sleeve finely crushed saltine crackers
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 4 beef cubed steaks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ c grated parm
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. (I use pie pans for my bowls)
- In another bowl, beat eggs and water.
- Place cracker crumbs, grated ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese and basil in a third bowl.
- Coat steaks with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange steaks in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine the tomato sauce, sugar, ¼ t. oregano, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; spoon over steaks.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Top each steak with mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and remaining
- Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra sauce.