Last month I came up with a rice dish completely from scratch and thought that it would be good as a stuffed green pepper filling so I gave it a try. I wasn’t really happy with the result. I felt like it was missing something and it was too tomato-y. My husband said it tasted like stuffed green peppers to him. If you try it, let me know what changes you make. I’d like to try again.
- 4 green peppers
- 2 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 (14.5oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of corn (drained)
- 1 bag of cooked minute rice
- 2 T adobo seasoning
- Cook your bacon so it's nice and crispy.
- Cut tops off of green peppers and boil in water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place in pan with some olive oil. Cook until no longer pink.
- Dump all the rest of the ingredients in a pan. Let cook together for about 10 minutes.
- Remove green peppers from water and place in an oven safe dish. Fill green peppers and around them with the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.