Did you just have turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas and need something to do with the leftovers? This is a simple and delicious use of a lot of your leftovers. As usual, our Christmas celebration was crazy with over 30 people here. Add in that I had the flu and pulled a muscle in my back and my evening was pretty miserable. I had no taste buds from being sick, so I couldn’t even taste what I made that night. (What makes that even worse is I make my deviled eggs from taste, not from a recipe, so I had to have my husband be the taste tester when I made those.) I heard from everyone that my turkey and stuffing turned out great but I didn’t find out until last night when I made this pot pie. I think it did turn out great! I really liked the flavor combination when it came together in this pot pie.
Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup of assorted chopped veggies can be from your veggie tray at the party, frozen, or canned.
- 2 cups of chopped up turkey
- 1-2 cups of turkey gravy
- 2 cups of stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add oil and veggies to pan and sautee until soft.
- Add in turkey and gravy to the pan and mix together until well coated.
- Transfer veggies and turkey to a baking pan.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the stuffing is golden brown and the insides are bubbling.
Do you do anything fun to reuse your Christmas or Thanksgiving leftovers? I hope you had a wonderful holiday! I’m looking forward to 2015!