Today is National Blueberry Muffin day and I made some DELICIOUS streusel topped blueberry muffins to celebrate. I may have also made some eggs and sausage to go with them. These blueberry muffins are a little bit more heavy than I’m used to, but it was nice that the blueberries stayed throughout the muffins, instead of sinking to the bottom. My kids couldn’t get enough of them!
Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or coconut oil, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Prepare streusel topping by whisking together sugar and flour. Add coconut oil and mix until mixture has a sandy texture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, (If you use silicone liners, it may take up to 15 minutes longer, just watch them) bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Are you a blueberry muffin fan? Do you like streusel on top or nothing at all? Do you add a little bit of butter in the middle before you eat them? Go out and celebrate #BlueberryMuffinDay!