Did you know that today is National Gummy Worm day? When I told Monkey she said “Does that mean I get to eat gummy worms all day?” Um, no! We did make this fun dessert together this morning that we will have with dinner tonight. I decided that dirt cake would be a great way to celebrate #GummyWormDay.
Dirt cake is a simple recipe that comes together in about 10 minutes and it’ll feed a big party! FYI for that flower pot I lined the inside with aluminum foil since it has holes in the bottom. Monkey said the gnomes could ride on the worms!
Dirt Cake Recipe
- 1 pkg Oreos
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 small packages vanilla pudding
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- In a food processor, crush Oreos until they look like dirt.
- Mix together vanilla and milk and put in the refrigerator to set up for a few minutes.
- With a mixer, combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until a thick frosting like consistency is formed.
- Fold Cool Whip into the pudding and then combine pudding with cream cheese frosting.
- In a large bowl, layer the pudding, gummy worms, and Oreo "dirt".
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours and serve.
I LOVE this recipe, especially with the Vanilla Bean Paste in it. It is like a creamy cream cheese frosting with Oreos on top. YUM! Go ahead and treat yourself to some dirt cake for National #GummyWormDay.