I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser #TysonMovieTicket. Have you heard of the movie Blended yet? It’s a movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore; I love them! After one date they decide that they never want to see each other again, but fate has different plans. Each parent signed up for a vacation with their families and as luck would have it, they had to share a family suite on an African safari for a week, thus “blending” their families together. I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m looking forward to it. I wanted to bring you a recipe for Blended Grilled Steak and Chicken Fajitas in honor of the movie Blended. I actually come from a blended family myself. My mom had 3 kids and my dad had 3 kids before getting married and having me. There was a very big age gap between me and my siblings; my brother was the next sibling in line and he was 10 years older than me. I had the best relationship with him when I was really young. He would play with me. I remember him putting me in a sleeping bag and dragging me all over the house and also playing army on my bunk-bed where he would tuck a blanket on the top bunk and I would roll down and he would catch me. As I got older, I have a developed a better relationship with my sisters. Unfortunately, that brother has passed away, along with the sister I had the closest relationship with. My other brother is working overseas in China and my two sisters live about 25 minutes away. I have one more sister that I never met because she was given up for adoption at 6 months. I remember road trips with my siblings to Grandma’s house in the back of a conversion van that had nothing in the back of it but a bunch of kids and blankets (no seats or carpet!) I miss being young and spending time with my siblings!
Grilled Steak and Chicken Fajitas
- 1/2 vidalia or sweet onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper optional
- 1 packaged fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- Tyson Grilled and Ready Seasoned Steak Strips
- 1 package fajita size tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- any other toppings you like
- Slice your onions and peppers into strips. (Normally I use a green pepper, but my store was out of them when I went shopping, I just like all the colors.)
- In a gallon sized baggie, mix your fajita mix, water, and oil. Add your vegetables and allow to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Pull your vegetables out of the marinade and cook over medium heat in your pan.
- While your vegetables are cooking, place your Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken and steak strips into the marinade.
- Once your vegetables are done to the crispness you like, toss the chicken and steak into the pan to get them warm.
- Serve your fajitas on warmed tortillas with whatever toppings you like. I like lettuce (which I forgot to buy! sour cream, and a LOT of cheese on mine.)