I love mini things: mini bottles of ketchup, mini books, mini loaves of bread… You know what’s nice about mini loaves of bread? They make great additions to Christmas cookies for presents! I was recently sent a Sweet Creations by Good Cook 4 cup loaf pan and some holiday parchment paper and was told to have some fun. All opinions are my own. So far I have tried out two different recipes in this pan and love it! It makes the perfect sized mini loaves and everything bakes equally. It’s also a very nice pan, because it has rounded corners which makes it easier to butter the pan and clean it. I’m going to share the recipe below for the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread I made and then link to the Coconut Banana Bread. I also have a giveaway at the bottom if you’d like to win this pan for yourself.
Before I share the recipe, though, I want to talk about the parchment paper that I was sent. It is the perfect size to wrap these mini loaves up in. You do need to tie it with a ribbon or something, though, because tape does not stay stuck to it. Since I wasn’t giving these breads immediately, I wrapped them in plastic wrap before putting them in the parchment paper and then labeled the bottom of the bread and put it in the freezer. I think I will make pretty gift tags to tie to each one stating what kind of bread it is before handing them out as presents.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 15 oz Can Canned Pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz Cream Cheese slightly softened
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare your Mini Loaf Pan with butter or non-stick spray
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, egg white and applesauce until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until smooth and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine all ingredients from the Cream Cheese Filling until smooth.
- Fill up about half of each loaf pan with the pumpkin bread mixture.
- Evenly divide the cream cheese mixture over the pumpkin bread mixture in each pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the remaining pumpkin bread mixture over the cream cheese filling and cover as much of the cream cheese as you can.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes and then remove from the pans.
This bread was a REALLY big hit at Thanksgiving dinner. My husband finished off what was left of one of the loaves for breakfast yesterday. I’m glad I immediately froze the other two loaves, or I wouldn’t have any for presents. I also had some leftover bananas so I checked on Pinterest for some yummy banana recipes and decided to try Coconut Banana Bread. That bread smelled amazing while it baked! It wasn’t as big a hit as the pumpkin bread, but my boys really loved it.
You can buy the Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan on the Good Cook site. It’s currently $8.83 and you can even save another 25% by using the code “SWEETLOAF” at checkout. You can also enter below on the Rafflecopter to win a pan and some parchment paper for yourself.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Each household is only eligible to win 1 Good Cook prize [CHOSEN AT RANDOM] via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. Giveaway is open to the continental USA, must be 18 or older to win, and ends on December 15 at 12:00 am EST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 24 hrs to respond. Please add email@example.com to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 24 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning are not increased by a purchase.