I’ve been menu planning for the past 3 weeks and so far has worked out pretty well. I think there’s only been 2 or 3 nights that I haven’t stuck to the plan out of three weeks! One of the meals on my list was shredded BBQ chicken so that I could use it again for another recipe. I will make that recipe tonight. Overall I thought this recipe was pretty good, but could actually use more BBQ sauce flavor.
Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bottle 12 oz beer (I used Budweiser)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce I used Sweet Baby Rays
- 1/4 cup water
- In the slow cooker, add all of the ingredients except the chicken and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and using two forks, shred the chicken. (You can shred it right in the slow cooker, but I prefer to take it out to shred so I don't miss any in the sauce.)
- Cover and allow the sauce to mingle with the chicken before serving.