My friends Sara and Melinda had a theme this week of chicken and rice and making it with your kids. I pulled out my chicken from the freezer on Sunday. I planned to make it Monday but ended up making something else. My husband went to the airport Tuesday afternoon so I had plans to make the chicken and rice with the kids for dinner, but my life fell apart that evening. I already talked about it earlier this week, but I thought I was pregnant and it turned out it didn’t stick. I ended up finding out Tuesday that I was not pregnant and I didn’t feel like doing anything so I ended up ordering Jimmy Johns for dinner. The next night I still didn’t feel like cooking and we ordered pizza. So by Thursday my chicken was no good anymore. So unfortunately I did not do the theme or work with the kids in the kitchen at all this week.
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Melinda at Look What Mom Found and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please). 2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage. 3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run. 5. Follow the hosts of this feature, Paula at Frosted Fingers, Sara at Sensibly Sara and Melinda at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.