Day 19 of the 25 Days of Cookies! We are winding down here! Today’s cookie I found on Pinterest and it’s from Your Home Based Mom. I’m not why her cookies turned out a nice dark root beer color and mine did not, but they still taste yummy! You need to let people know what they are before they eat them, though, because if you’re tasting it blind, it tastes a little strange. Once you know it’s root beer that you’re tasting, it’s evident. It’s a fun cookie, because it’s not something you’d expect!
Root Beer Float Cookies
- 1 C butter at room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T plus 2 tsp root beer concentrate
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add in egg. Beat until fluffy.
- Add in milk, vanilla and root beer concentrate.
- Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda. If dough seems a bit dry add it a little more milk, but just a little.
- Mix in chips
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack.