Last week I decided to make Chili on Friday. I threw all my ingredients into the slow cooker and was making my oatmeal pumpkin bars. I still had a half a can of pumpkin left, so I decided to throw it into the chili. My biggest problem with my chili was that I was missing cumin and I think that ruined my recipe so I’m adding it in here. The recipe wasn’t bad overall, but it was missing that normal chili flavor. I liked that I got a bunch of veggies into it. I used celery, chopped green pepper and the pumpkin. I want to try and add more and more veggies to my food. It’s not how I was raised, so it’s a process for me.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans with liquid
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red stamp pepper
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 12 oz beer I used budweiser
- 1 can tomato paste
- Brown your ground beef with the diced onion and garlic. Drain and add to your slow cooker.
- Place all other ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy! That easy!