I had Dominick’s (Safeway) ask me to create a recipe using two mystery ingredients. I accepted and they sent me over what I’d have to work with: Dell’ Alpe Parmesan Cheese and Chio Chips (German potato chips). I had never heard of Chio Chips so I looked them up online before headed to the store. While the site was not in English, I could get an idea of what I wanted to do before I went shopping. Dominick’s is trying to let people know how many international items they have. “Dominick’s stores have more than 1,000 new international items with great everyday prices including Italian, Polish, Hispanic, German, Kosher, Irish, Asian, and Middle Eastern. Some of the brands you may recognize include Reconto, Goya, Krakus ham, Nateczowianka water and Chio Chips.” I heard Parmesan cheese and I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I wanted to make Potato Chip crusted chicken Parmesan.
Potato Chip Crusted Parmesan Chicken
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups crushed Salted Chio Chips
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Dell' Alpe Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti sauce of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. (I use pie pans for my bowls)
- In another bowl, beat eggs and water.
- Place crushed Chip Chips, grated 1/3 cup Dell' Alpe Parmesan Cheese and basil in a third bowl.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with potato chip mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken breasts in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Top each chicken with mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra sauce.
How would you like to win a $50 Safeway gift card so you can make your own International inspired recipe? Before I get to the contest, don’t forget to check out Dominick’s on their website, Facebook, and Twitter on #DominicksIntl.
Note: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by DEI Worldwide on behalf of Dominick’s and received a gift card to facilitate my post.
Giveaway is open to the continental USA and ends on October 17, 2012 at 12:01 am EST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 24 hrs to respond. Winner may only win one prize pack, if you win on another site, a new winner will be drawn. Please add email@example.com to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 24 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning are not increased by a purchase.
Contest may be removed at any time.