Potato soup is one of my favorite soups and this one will not disappoint! I found this recipe from Mama Loves Food on Pinterest and tried it for myself. You will need a 6-Quart Crock-Pot for this recipe. I think it would even be good if you added in some carrots and celery to the soup! (Edit- I have tried this and it is great this way!)
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe
- 5 lbs Russet Potatoes washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 10 cloves of garlic you can use whole, crushed, or minced - I used 10 t of minced jarred garlic
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning I used Nature's Season All
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions I don't like green onions so I left them off.
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves (if you used whole cloves), the cream cheese and 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
- Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!