I was recently invited to a grand opening celebration for Ross Dress for Less. Ross just opened 12 stores in the Chicagoland area. (I know they’re going to be opening one here in our town as well.) Hubby was so excited to find out Ross was coming to Chicago. We had Ross in the Orlando area and it was his favorite store. He got his favorite pair of shoes from there at a great price and he’s been dying to get back to Ross to hopefully find some more. The awesome people at Ross brought us to the store and we had a DJ, soft drinks and hors d’oeuvres. (They were a bit fancy for my taste, but I saw others enjoying them.) We were also given the chance to spend $50 on whatever we wanted in the store! There was SO much to choose from. I had a hard time deciding if I was going to get something for the kids, the house, the husband or myself. I decided, for once, I’d treat me. I ended up walking out of the store with 3 cute, somewhat dressy/casual shirts and a pair of shoes for Monkey. I went over by about $1.50. I had an awesome time shopping with all my Chicago Blogger buddies. It seems every event we have, the closer we get! Miss Lori was quite the model that evening, coming out of the dressing room in numerous items, strutting her stuff. She totally inspires me with her self-confidence!
Here’s a little about Ross:
At Ross expect to find designer and brand name fashions for men, women, kids and home at everyday savings of 20-70% compared to department and specialty stores.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
First, our buying teams are located in the fashion centers in the United States – New York and Los Angeles. This allows our buyers to have a pulse on the market and to work closely with manufacturers to negotiate the best possible deals. By focusing on opportunistic buying strategies, Ross is able to offer great savings to you.
Second, Ross maintains strict controls on expenses and inventories. Our stores are designed with “no frills”. We have centralized check-out and simple fashion displays in order to save money and pass our savings on to you.
Third, we keep it fresh by buying different merchandise for different stores.
How would you like to check out Ross for yourself and see what you’d like to buy?
One of my lucky readers will win a $25 gift card to Ross. (Believe me, it goes far!)
What kind of fun item would you be looking for when you go to Ross?
- Like Frosted Fingers on Facebook
- Follow Frosted Fingers on Twitter
- Like Ross Dress for Less on Facebook
- Tweet about this contest once every 24 hrs. Please include @frostedfingers. You can click the tweet button above.
- Algonquin:AlgonquinCommons, 1812 S. Randall Rd.,Algonquin, IL60102
- Arlington Heights:NorthpointShopping Center,370 E. Rand Rd.,Arlington Heights,IL60004
- Bloomingdale:BloomingdaleCourtShopping Center,350 W. Army Trail Rd.,Bloomingdale,IL60108
- Crystal Lake:CrystalPointCenter,6000 Northwest Hwy.,Crystal Lake,IL60014
- Matteson:MattesonCenter,4816 W. 211th St.,Matteson,IL60443
- Naperville:NaperwestPlaza, 514 S. Route 59,Naperville,IL60540
- Niles:PointePlazaShopping Center,5750 W. Touhy Ave.,Niles,IL60714
- Orland Park:Orland Park Place,120 Orland Park Pl.,Orland Park,IL60462
- Rockford:RockfordCrossings,249 Deane Dr.,Rockford,IL61107
- Schaumburg:Scharrington Square,2427 W. Schaumburg Rd.,Schaumburg,IL60194
- Skokie:Skokie Fashion Square,9454 Skokie Blvd.,Skokie,IL60077
- South Elgin:SouthElginCommons,484 Randall Rd.,South Elgin,IL60177
Disclosure: The Ross gift card and experience was provided by Ross. All opinions are my own. Photos taken by Stephen Green Photography. Giveaway is open to US readers only. It will close at 11:59 Central on 11/3/11. No purchase is necessary to win. Winner will be selected by the And The Winner Is plugin. Winner will be posted here on Frosted Fingers and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to claim the prize.