This is a versatile Jell-O that works well with either St Patrick’s Day or Christmas. All you have to do is change the color of the cherries. If you use red cherries it makes your mold look like a wreath.
- 2 small boxes or 1 large box Green Jell-o (lime flavored)
- large can of pear halves
- jar of green or red maraschino cherries
- 1 large or 2 small Cool whips (you will only need approx 3/4 of the Cool Whip)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Gelatin Mold (like the kind from Tupperware)
- Drain pear juice into small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir in jello. Put Jello in freezer or fridge while you move on in the process. Just be sure your Jello only becomes cool but not firm.
- Smash the pears with a fork or a Pampered Chef Mix n’ Chop
- Place a cherry in every other bump of your mold.
- Mix 1 heaping T of Cool Whip with the cream cheese until smooth. Add in cool Jello. Then add in the remaining Cool Whip (only use about 3/4 of a large container.) (This is a family recipe that’s just told to the next person without real measurements, sorry!)
- Lightly fold pears into the mix. Pour into your mold.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until solid. Flip upside down on plate and serve.
If you’re interested in ordering a mold from Tupperware, I will have an open party until Friday, 2/25/11. Order here.
My kids would like this…and so would I. What a cute idea. I should really take a look at tupperware, I haven’t in years.
I would love you HUGE if you decided to place an order before Friday 🙂
thanks for sharing this. i keep saying i’m going to do some green stuff for St Patty’s day. Being that I am 50% Irish I feel like I should acknowledge that heritage more with my kids. I remember my mom used to make me green everything (milk, pancakes etc) for St Patty’s Day
This looks fun. What is St. Patrick’s Day this year?
By the way, good to know you are a tupperware dealer. Now I have a go to person if I should need it.
I’m not a dealer, I just had a party. 🙂 Lee’s sister is the dealer. St. Patrick’s Day is the 17th.
How cute! It looks super easy which is a plus and is festive. Thanks for the cute recipe!
Virginia from That Bald Chick says
Wow, you are ambitious! St Patty’s Day food already? I feel like I am falling further and further behind! Looks great, and I am stumbling this post.
It’s only about 3 weeks away! The only reason I’m somewhat on the ball with this one is because I had a tupperware party and wanted to showcase the mold 🙂
Yum! Now I’m hungry! I will definitely be making that.
hairstyles for girls says
What a great idea! My kids would love it.
Shop with Me Mama says
Oh my kids would LOVE that!
hollie shannon says
I am a new follower. please follow me back..
Tricia @Nightowlmama says
oh fun and it looks yummy tooo
This is a family favorite. My sister will eat the entire thing herself if we let her. This is a must try!
blueviolet @ A Nut in a Nutshell says
As soon as you said cream cheese, I said “sold”!
No kidding! You can’t go wrong with cream cheese!
Oh that looks really goood. Looks easy too!
Looks good! 🙂
Fluffy Jell-O is my FAVORITE!
That looks SOOOOO good to me! I absolutely love Jello salads!! I love that this one has some yummy fruits that my kids already like. Yum!
Yum!!! I always wanted to make one of these! I actually purchased the mold from jello years ago and have yet to use it.
Cool. I love st. pattys day! I love making stuff like this
Laura Jacobson says
Oh another adorable recipe for St Patricks day! Another one little Carter would LOVE! Thanks for all the great recipes you post!