I know the holidays are over, but that doesn’t mean cooking is. We still have to feed our families even if we don’t want to see our kitchens for months! One of the things you can think about doing is how to Become Carton Smart. Tetra Pak wants you to make small, smart decisions when cooking for your family and stocking your pantry.
Tetra Pak cartons are pantry stables for those that enjoy living smart: • Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
• Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
• Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers.
• The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives. Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
• Recyclable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
• Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
I used the Pacific Foods Chicken Stock in the following recipe. I’d much rather use Tetra Pak cartons in my house for a few reasons: They are safer for your food and easier to store! I used the gravy part of this recipe for Christmas dinner gravy and instead of using chicken stock I used some of the turkey drippings. My husband loved it and said all gravy must be made that way now.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 10 3/4 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 oz Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 packet Onion and Mushroom Seasoning Mix
- 6 Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large pan (I use cast iron) add one or two tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Put salt and pepper on your pork chops and brown them in the pan. (Don't worry about cooking them all the way through right now, they'll be going in the oven.)
- In a separate bowl mix soup, chicken stock, sour cream and seasoning mix.
- If you didn't use cast iron, transfer your pork chops over to an oven safe dish and pour gravy over the pork chops.
- Put pork chops in oven for 45 mins- 1 hour, until no longer pink in center.
- Serve with rice and veggies.
These pork chops are a huge hit in my house. I’d love to know how you like them if you give them a try. Do you use Tetra Pak packaging for anything that you buy in your house? Be sure to Tweet @CartonSmart and Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest.