I was recently surfing Pinterest and got inspired to make meatball grilled cheese sandwiches. When I went to the store I didn’t have her recipe so I just decided to do it all on my own. Of course I didn’t buy marinara sauce, so when I got home from baseball last night, all ready to make these delicious sandwiches, I had to run back out to Meijer to get sauce. I’m glad I did, though (well, except for the crying 4 yr old through the ENTIRE store) because Meijer had a sale on their Organic spaghetti sauces. They were on sale for $2 each and if you buy 10 you get an instant $5 off which means I got 10 jars of organic spaghetti sauce for $1.50 each! That’s less than I pay for Ragu at Walmart! Anyway! These sandwiches are simple and delicious! (And really, really fattening!)
- Sourdough Bread (I got a square loaf for more uniform slices)
- Frozen or homemade meatballs
- Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour sauce and meatballs into pot and cook until heated through.
- Slice bread to desired thickness while meatballs are cooking.
- Butter outside of bread.
- Carefully slice meatballs thin (without burning yourself.) :)
- Layer two slices of provolone cheese, meatballs, parmesan cheese, then two more slices of provolone and then second piece of bread.
- Bake sandwich for about 10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- I then put the sandwich under the broiler for a couple minutes, until browned, flip sides and broil for another couple of minutes.