My husband’s work is having a slow cooker chili cook-off this Friday and he signed up to bring a dessert. Keeping with the slow cooker theme, I decided to try to make a pie in the slow cooker. I threw a few different recipes together to make this. You can definitely make it with raw apples that cook all day but he’s only going to have a few hours to have this come together on Friday so I’m using pie filling. I was sent some Lucky Leaf pie filling for a recipe coming up (they sent me extras) so I’m using the premium apple pie filling for this recipe.
- 1 can Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 T butter, softened
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 c Bisquick
- 1 c Bisquick
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 3 T cold butter
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Empty pie filling into slow cooker.
- Combine milk, soft butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 cup Bisquick. Spoon over apples.
- Combine 1 cup Bisquick and brown sugar. With pastry cutter, cut cold butter in and combine til crumbly. Sprinkle over top of apple mixture. Cover.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, until done.