I found this recipe from The Menu Mom on Blog Frog. I thought it was a good combination of three different countries: German, Irish and Polish. 🙂 I changed up the recipe a bit based on what I would have liked. I made it with one can of sauerkraut and only one pound of Polish sausage. I think it needed more of both, so I doubled it in the recipe below. I couldn’t find frozen Potatoes O’Brien so I made my own to use in this recipe. I really liked it.
- 1 bag frozen Potatoes O'Brien w/onions and peppers, thawed (or use my recipe for Potatoes O'Brien )
- 2- 14 oz cans Sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 10¾ oz can Cream of Potato Soup
- 1⅓ c half and half
- 2 lbs cooked Polish Sausage cut into pieces
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 13x9 glass dish with cooking spray.
- In baking dish mix potatoes and sauerkraut.
- In medium bowl, mix soup and half and half.
- Stir soup mixture into potato mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with paprika. (I forgot the paprika when I made it.)
- Bake 20 minutes. Arrange sausage pieces over potato mix, pressing lightly into the mix.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer.