I was given the chance to try out Fisher & Wieser pie fillings; pumpkin pie butter and cherry pie filling. I made their 3-layer pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, although mine only was a 2 layer because I had no more room in my pie tin to fit the 3rd layer. The pie was definitely not a traditional pumpkin pie. It was more of a pumpkiny cheesecake. I was thinking instead of layers, it may be good to just mix all the ingredients together. My whole family really enjoyed the pie.
The cherry pie was simple to make. Just buy a box of pie crusts, unroll, pour the cherries in, put the other crust on top and bake. I am not a fan of cherry pies, so I didn’t try it myself. Everyone that did try the pie loved it, though.
- 1 ready-made 9” graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large carton of Cool Whip
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding (*optional)
- 1-1/4 cups Fischer & Wieser Pumpkin Pie Butter
- Layer 1: Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup Cool Whip, and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Spread over crust.
- Layer 2: Follow “pie” directions on package for making vanilla pudding. Stir Fischer & Wieser Pumpkin Pie Butter into pudding. Spread layer over cream cheese layer.
- *May omit vanilla instant pudding and just spread Fischer & Wieser Pumpkin Pie Butter over Layer 1 if desired.
- Layer 3: Spread remainder of Cool Whip from large carton over Fischer & Wieser Pumpkin Pie Butter layer. Allow to chill thoroughly.
|Connect with Fischer & Wieser:|
Note: I received a jar of pumpkin pie butter and cherry pie filling to review in exchange for my honest opinions. All opinions are my own.