While this recipe does not include avocado, I made it for my party since it was supposed to be Cinco de Mayo inspired. I have the cookbook to review: Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining: 100 Plus Recipes and 30 Party Plans and this recipe came out of it. Once I’ve shared the three recipes I made I will give you my full review of the book, but I will tell you now that I’ve made five recipes from the book and I haven’t found one I don’t like! This is a really good dip to have going for your Cinco de Mayo party!
Slow Cooker Tex Mex Spinach Dip
- 1- 10 oz packaged frozen chopped spinach
- Nonstick baking spray
- 1- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies with juice
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- Thaw spinach and drain well, squeezing between paper towels until dry.
- Spray one slow cooker stoneware with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes and chiles with juice, cream cheese, Colby-Jack and salsa. Transfer to prepared stoneware.
- Cover and cook on High for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and dip is hot. Turn to Warm for serving.
If you want to make this ahead, you can prepare dip through step 3, cover and refrigerate overnight. Cook as directed.