Today’s cookie was a HUGE hit when I brought it to our Cub Scouts Leader Meeting. I came home with 3 cookies left over! Today I’m featuring S’mores cookies!
As you can see, Monkey was very much enjoying these cookies. I love how she’s double-fisting: cookie in one hand and apple in the other. I had a hard time deciding which way I liked them better, because I’m not a huge chocolate fan. I think I decided that I like the cookies without the chocolate chunks on top, or without the mini chocolate chips on the inside. Everyone that tried them, though, liked them as is in the recipe!
I don’t know if I did something wrong to make these cookies spread out as much as they did. They were still good, though!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon.
- In a second larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of Nestle chocolate chunks into each cookies.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Baked Perfection.