Day 6 already!! Today is my second Domino Light Sugar Recipe. These were some pretty good, light and fluffy cookies. I decided I need to get a cookie press. I tried putting these cookies through a frosting bag and tip and it kept blowing the frosting bag out.
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- 2-1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. - baking powder
- 1 tsp - baking soda
- 2 tsp - ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp - ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp - ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- ½ cup - butter softened
- 3/4 cups - Domino® Light Sugar 1 1/2 cups of regular sugar if not using Light
- 1 cup - canned pumpkin puree
- 1 - egg
- 1 tsp - vanilla extract
- 1 cup - Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tsp - milk
- 2 tsp - light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp - almond extract
- assorted food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonful 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool cookies; ice with Icing.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth.
- Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
- If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls and add food coloring to each to desired intensity.