You can tell I’m really behind. The Super Bowl was Feb 5 and I’m just now posting this recipe. Sigh… better late than never, right? We actually didn’t even make it until the next weekend when we had friends over for a game night. (We ended up going to a friend’s birthday party/Super Bowl party so I couldn’t make the chili that day.) Bob Evans sent me some sausage, a mobile slow cooker and cool football shaped bowls and asked me to try their chili. I was really surprised that I would like it since it’s made with breakfast sausage instead of ground beef or Italian sausage. It turned out to be a really big hit! I served it with hot dogs, a baked potato bar, and corn bread.
Game Day Chili Recipe
- 1 pound Bob Evans Zesty Sausage Roll
- 1 packaged of chili seasoning mix
- 2 cans diced tomato with onions 14.5 oz (I couldn't find just onion so I used green peppers and onions)
- 1 can light red kidney beans undrained (15.5 oz)
- Crumble uncooked sausage into bite-size pieces and put in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir gently.
- Cover and cook on low heat 4-6 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Note: I received sausage, a slow cooker and bowls from Bob Evans in order to try the chili recipe. All opinions are my own.