Two weekends ago I had a little Halloween party and this was one of the desserts I served. I wanted to make a full on dirt cake but didn’t have the time or all the ingredients. Instead I made this creamy Chocolate pudding grave.
Halloween Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 1 Jell-o Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 cup Milk
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 pkg of Oreos
- Mix pudding mix with milk as per box instructions
- While pudding is setting up, crush Oreos or chop in blender
- Mix in pudding, Cool Whip and 3/4 of your Oreos.
- Top with remaining crushed Oreos
- You can add a skeleton to the inside to make it creepy and decorate with gummy worms, cookies like gravestones, candy pumpkins, etc.
My worms were actually made out of Jell-O. I used a tall glass, put straws in it and then poured a mixture of Jell-o, knox geletin and water into the straws. Once they set up you can squeeze the worms out of the straws. It was a LOT of work for little return so I gave up. If you look closely, you can see the hand of my skeleton sticking up out of the dirt. This was a huge hit! It’s not a strong chocolate flavor like straight up chocolate pudding since it has the Cool Whip in it. That makes it yummy to me, because I don’t like a strong chocolate flavor.