When we went apple picking I wanted to try some new recipes out. I found this Skillet Apple Chicken recipe on AllRecipes.com.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 sweet apple – peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt (used 1 T)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper (I probably used 3/4 and could have used even less.)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dried tarragon (I left this out, because I didn’t have any)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir the apples into the skillet, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear and apples are tender. Thoroughly mix in the garlic salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, and tarragon.
We really enjoyed this recipe. The spices and apple really worked well together. The apple made the chicken seem more juicy than it was. (I think I overcooked my chicken a bit much because it was dry.) I will definitely make this recipe again in the future.