I saw these cute little pumpkins over on Emily’s site: Busy Mommy. I put her picture as the first picture of the post because I wanted you to see how pretty they’re supposed to look! Mine did not turn out as pretty.
- Boxed mix or your favorite cake recipe
- coloring if you want your cake colored on the inside (I tried to make orange but with my lighting I could not get a good pic of it)
- Orange sugar crystals
- tootsie rolls (I thought I had a lot, turned out I had 3 on hand. whoops!)
- Wilton 12-Cavity Mini Bundt Pan
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray
- Bake your cake mix according to directions
- Pop your little cakes out. If you overfilled like I did, you can cut the bottoms off.
- Put frosting on bottom of one cake and stick the bottom of another cake to it to form a pumpkin shape.
- Frost entire pumpkin
- Form tootsie rolls into stems and stick in the top hole of pumpkin
- Sprinkle orange sugar over your pumpkin
I don’t know what I was thinking as I was putting this together. I barely took any pictures. As you can see above I tried putting a face on one of the pumpkins with the Wilton Black Sparkle Gel and it dripped. It was just not a good project for me. The kids still loved them, though. For a great representation of the pumpkins, please remember to visit Emily’s Busy-Mommy blog.