Do you ever find yourself in a hurry to make dinner and don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand? That happens to me all the time! Do you have a quick 5 Ingredient Fix Recipe? You can head over to Food.com and enter their 5 Ingredient Fix Recipe Contest sponsored by Simply Potatoes where you can win the grand prize of $3000! One of our favorite recipes is Taco Casserole.
I decided to give you guys our 5 Ingredient Fix of Taco Casserole. I went to the store with the intentions of getting the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions to make this recipe, but our store didn’t have any, in fact they only had two types: hash browns and Steakhouse Potatoes. I was a little nervous to have added spices in the recipe, but we really liked it!
This meal takes only about 35 minutes to make and with the use of Simply Potatoes instead of whole potatoes it makes it so quick and easy to make this casserole. It’s seriously one of my kids’ favorite meals. They complained that this version was a bit too spicy for them. If you don’t like a lot of spice, you can use the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Onions instead.
Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Taco Casserole
- 1 bag Steakhouse Simply Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons or one packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Colby Jack or Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- optional- taco toppings such as shredded cheese sour cream, tomatoes, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a gallon bag mix the Simply Potatoes, olive oil, and one tablespoon of taco seasoning together. Pour potatoes into a greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring potatoes halfway through.
- While your potatoes are baking brown your ground beef. Once browned, drain beef and leave a small amount (around 2 tablespoons) of water in the bottom of the pan. Add the rest of your taco seasoning and cook until incorporated.
- Mix potatoes and ground beef mixture in baking pan and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Top with cheese. Put back in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Top with optional ingredients and serve.
For rules on how to enter the Sweepstakes click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.