Yesterday we had some pretty nasty storms in the Chicago area that shut down most everything, including school for my kids. I was not ready for them to be home for the day. I only had enough bread for Little Man’s lunch so I decided to make some bread and have the kids help me out. Unfortunately we got too late of a start and had to still run out for lunch because the bread wasn’t going to be done until 1pm. The kids had a great time helping me measure and watching it turn from what looked like a volcano into a ball of bread.
Look for the recipe later today for the bread!
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Melinda at Look What Mom Found and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please). 2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage. 3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run. 5. Follow the hosts of this feature, Paula at Frosted Fingers, Sara at Sensibly Sara and Melinda at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.