This week I had a plan to make peanut butter and jelly cookies with Little Man on Wednesday for a post that I have coming up. I was going to use it as Kids in the Kitchen this week, but alas, plans change. My sister in law went into labor on Tuesday night so I made my whole day available Wednesday to help out my family. My nephew requested brownies so while I was watching them my two nieces camped out in the kitchen at my feet while I made brownies.
Sometimes you just have to go with the flow! Yesterday I was prepping dinner for the slow cooker and Little Man came in and helped me. I didn’t think about it until after we were done, though, so I didn’t take any pictures! I’ll be sharing that recipe on Monday for Paleo Slow Cooker Ham. It was pretty good.
My niece was born Wednesday afternoon so she now shares a birthday with me and my husband! (And her other Uncle) Busy day in our family!
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Melinda at Look What Mom Found and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please). 2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage. 3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run. 5. Follow the hosts of this feature, Paula at Frosted Fingers, Sara at Sensibly Sara and Melinda at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.