It’s amazing how after two weeks of featuring the kids in the kitchen how much they’ve become more independent and helpful in the kitchen. Little Man has been getting his own orange juice and this morning Monkey begged me to allow her to make breakfast for everyone (cereal.) Buddy didn’t want cereal so he reheated his own breakfast burritos.
Last night we didn’t have a lot of time for dinner, but I wanted to get the kids in to help. I made mini meatloaf muffins and the kids helped me make mashed potatoes from scratch. It was fun to watch them all try to smush the potatoes.
I told Monkey to smile and that was what she gave me. She’s a goofy one!! They keep asking me to make their own lunches again since last week, too. Maybe tomorrow morning I’ll let them have their wish!
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your#kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Melinda at Look What Mom Found and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please).
2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage.
3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run.
I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.