Did you know that today is National Peach Pie Day? I’ve never even had a peach pie before. (That will be rectified soon, though.)
Here are some fun peach facts:
– Peaches originated in China and were known to the Chinese as “Persian Apples.”
– Peaches are the third most popular fruit grown in America, providing 25% of the world’s fresh peaches.
– Georgia ranks third nationally in acreage devoted to peaches and in production (behind California and South Carolina).
– Fresh Georgia peaches are available only 16 weeks each year, from mid-May to August.
– Although Georgia is still called the Peach State, it actually ranks third in United States peach production behind California and South Carolina, (although Georgia peaches are arguably the sweetest and tastiest grown anywhere)
Even though peach season is almost over, you can get peach pies from Marie Callender’s year round.
Marie Callender’s Peach pie, which you can enjoy year round! It’s the perfect combination of ripe peach slices and a sweet, flavorful peach glaze. It’s baked in a flaky, made-from-scratch pie crust that made Marie Callender’s Peach Pie receive four out of five stars from consumers.
While I haven’t had Marie Callender’s peach pie yet, I have had their apple pies and they are one of my favorites. I love it right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream on top.
Check out Marie Callender’s on their website.
Note: I was given a peach pie in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.