My friend mentioned she wanted to make french dip sandwiches the other day so I decided to try to make some with crescent rolls since, well, they work with everything! I decided to make my meat in the slow cooker and then throw some meat and cheese in a crescent roll and bake. They turned out so yummy and my house smelled awesome all day!
- 4 pounds rump roast
- 32 ounces of beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle of beer
- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- When meat is done, remove from juice and slice thin. (It will probably just fall apart which is fine, I just put meat crumbles in my crescent rolls.)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spread out your crescent rolls and add a small amount of meat and shredded mozzarella to each one.
- Fold the corners in over the meat to hold everything in and then roll up.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with juice from slow cooker.