I got this idea from Women’s Day Halloween Celebrations magazine. I decided to make mine look more like they had crawled out of the grave.
- Cake Mix or your favorite cake recipe
- Chocolate Frosting
- 4″ Lollipop Sticks
- White Yogurt covered pretzels
- Vanilla frosting
- Black food writing marker
- black gel writer
- Make your cupcakes per directions. (I substituted coconut oil for the vegetable oil again. I love the way that tastes.)
- While your cupcakes are baking you can prep your Oreos. I took about 10 of them and threw them in my Magic Bullet until they looked like dirt.
- Cool cupcakes and frost with chocolate frosting.
- Once frosted you can dip the cupcake into the Oreos and it gives it a dirt look on the top.
- Next you need to try to smoosh your marshmallow a bit with your hand to make it more flat.
- Draw the mouth and nose on the marshmallow with your marker and the eyes with the gel.
- Stick the lollipop stick in the marshmallow
- Next push the pretzels up the stick and use a little vanilla frosting to secure. (This is pretty tricky, they want to slide down. The trick I figured out was to lean the pretzel forward so the back and front of the hole is touching your lollipop stick.) Once it’s sat a while the frosting will harden some and hold it in place.
- Cut two pretzels in half to make arms and secure them with the frosting as well.
- Stick your finished skeleton into the cupcake!
I had the hardest time finding yogurt pretzels so I’ll spare you the million trips around the store and let you know they’re in the produce section where they sell the nuts and stuff.