Premade sugar cookie dough or your own recipe
Candy corn (if wanted)
- 3 T Meringue Powder
- 1 lb confectioners’ sugar
- 5-6 T lukewarm water
- Make sure all utensils are grease free
- Place sugar and meringue in a bowl add water and mix 7-10 mins at a low-med speed until icing loses its sheen. To prevent drying, be sure to cover the bowl with a damp cloth while working with icing.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks. To reuse, beat on low speed to restore to original texture.
- Preheat oven according to cookie instructions. Trace hands onto paper or cardboard.
- Roll out dough and use hand print cutouts to cut hands out of cookie dough.
- Bake according to directions on package. (I baked mine on parchment paper for easy moving around and decorating)
- Decorate turkeys with icing. I used Wilton gel colors to dye my icing and used the leaf tips to make my feathers. Special tips are not needed, though. Just have fun!