This article is sponsored by Nestle Toll House
I can not believe that today is 5 years that I’ve been blogging. These 5 years have flown by so quickly. That also means that Little Man is almost 6! Before I move on in this post, I just want to say THANK YOU to my loyal readers and PR, you have made this past 5 years rock! As a way to celebrate my 5 year blog anniversary I made a cake. It’s not just any regular cake, though. This cake has Dark Chocolate Cherry Nestle Toll House Delightfulls and a cherry cream cheese frosting.
This isn’t the first time you’ve seen DelightFulls on my blog. I made a caramel swirl ice cream that also featured them back when I first saw them on the shelf. That ice cream was a HUGE hit. The kids still ask for me to make it again. I have an extra bag of caramel DelightFulls, but do not have the ice cream cones to get it done.
Yes, you heard that right, I made Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting to compliment the Dark Chocolate Cherry Delightfulls that I used. It only has a hint of cherry to it, but I think it worked great with the cake I used. I used a rich chocolate cake box mix from Meijer and added in the Dark Chocolate Chips, so I think it really needed something cool and creamy to balance it all out.
- 1 Box of Moist Select Deep Chocolate Cake Mix from Meijer (or any brand chocolate cake)
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups water
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ bag of Dark Chocolate Cherry DelightFulls
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all cake ingredients, except DelightFulls until well mixed.
- Fold in the DelightFulls.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. (See you cake box for times and to be sure you are using the right ingredients for YOUR box)
- Remove from oven when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes in pan and then remove from pan to continue cooling.
- While the cake is cooling in a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla and cherry extracts.
- Frost your cake when completely cool.
DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels bring you a new and exciting way to bake! Our innovative technology provides the same great Nestle Toll House Chocolate you know and love, now filled with 4 delicious flavors. Slightly larger than a regular morsel, these morsels allow you to put a special twist on traditional recipes like a cookie or a brownie, or open up a variety of new fun recipes to try! The DelightFulls filled morsels hold their shape when they bake, and can be used whole, cut in half, or coarsely chopped for a surprising delight of flavor and color in a baked good (not to mention popping them in your mouth right out of the bag!)
I love DelightFulls! I think they are a great way to change up your recipes or try out more Nestle DelightFulls Recipes. I hope you check them out.