My favorite cheeseburger has bacon, cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, and bbq sauce. I decided to make that into a quesadilla for a different spin. I added a few tomatoes to my husband’s quesadilla because he likes them. I don’t like uncooked tomatoes, no matter how many times I’ve tried, I just can’t get into them. My family really liked these Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas. The recipe should make about 6.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ½ Vidalia Onion Sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon diced and cooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 faijita size flour tortillas
- more butter for your pan
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in pan and saute onions until soft and translucent.
- Brown ground beef, drain, and rinse.
- In a bowl mix ground beef, onions, BBQ sauce, and bacon.
- In a clean pan melt some butter and place your first tortilla down with a little cheddar cheese, beef mixture, and more cheddar cheese followed by another tortilla.
- Lightly brown your quesadilla on both sides and serve with more BBQ sauce for dipping, if you'd like.
Do you think you’d like to try one of these? I really liked them!