This year I want to set some small goals for me and our family. Right now my most current goal is to have this baby!! 🙂 I’m going to share 5 goals for the three areas in my life: personal, family, and blogging. I’d love to hear some of your goals for the year as well.
- Organize my office finally: It is still no better than when we moved in
- Continue tracking finances: I started this back at the end of September using Microsoft Money and need to continue doing this to get a better handle on things.
- Be Healthy: I want to lose weight but am not putting a number goal up right now. I want to eat healthier. I don’t want these blood sugar spikes to turn into diabetes.
- Continue Reading: I love to read, it’s my escape from reality. I decided to track how many books I read this year. So far I’ve finished 4!
- Cooking Class: I want to take a cooking class. Nothing fancy, I just want to take something to help teach me tricks in the kitchen.
- More together time: We are all very good at doing things separately. I want to do more things together as a family: game nights, just hanging on the couch together, whatever.
- Visit some National Parks: I want to do more hiking with the kids and do more historical things with them. Possibly even do some geo-caching during our hikes.
- More bike rides: I personally don’t like them but all the kids do.
- Pay down debt: It’s time to take care of the family finances and pay down our debt.
- Work on the kids’ trouble subjects: Take more time working on the subjects the kids may have problems with.
- Double my uniques: Last year I had 200,000 + uniques. I’d like to hit over 400,000 this year.
- Keep my organization up: I started using a MomAgenda calendar last year to organize my family and blog life and it’s going well. Don’t fix what’s not broken!
- Continue tracking finances: I started off really well last year tracking everything that came in or was due to came in and it fizzled out sometime a few months later. I need to make sure I stay on top of this more.
- Continue working with great PR and find more: I love working with the PR I’ve worked with in the past and would love to find some new great companies!
- Go to a Blog Conference: For the past three years I went to BlogHer. I don’t see myself don’t that conference this year but I do want to go to one. I’m looking into SoFabCon, but travel with a baby that will either be 10 hours driving or $500 in airfare doesn’t seem practical.
There you have it… 5 goals from each aspect of my life. Do you have any goals for you, your family or your career? If you’re a blogger, what conference(s) do you think you’ll go to this year?