This week Melinda, Sara and I are sharing pictures made with food. The problem is that I’ve been traveling all week and haven’t had a chance to really make pictures with food. We’ve made lunch every day to take with us on our adventures, but they were just plain old peanut butter and jelly with chips, applesauce, fruit, etc. Seeing that they ate in the car each time, there was really nothing fun I could do with the food. So last night we went to Applebees for dinner and I decided to make a scene with my dinner. You’ll have to use your imagination here. I was going for a tree with a pile of rocks on some dirt with a splattering of grass.
Yeah, sorry, not very creative. It’s hard on vacation to get the creative juices going! I hope you’ve had a great week!
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Melinda at Look What Mom Found and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please). 2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage. 3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run. 5. Follow the hosts of this feature, Paula at Frosted Fingers, Sara at Sensibly Sara and Melinda at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.