Note: I received a cookbook to review, but no further compensation. All opinions are my own. There may be affiliate links located in this post.
As I continue my quest to figure out what’s best for my family, as I’ve said, I’ve looked into Paleo a bit. I was just sent the book The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way to check out. The author is Arsy Vartanian and she also has the blog: RubiesandRadishes.com. As you can see from the picture above, I tried the Slow Cooker Paleo Dijon Ham. Next time I would either leave out the orange zest or use lest of it. It was too much of an orange flavor for me. One of the other recipes I really want to give a try is Provencal Vegetable Soup Paleo Style. There are a few recipes in the book that aren’t Slow Cooker, just an FYI.
- 5-6 lb ham
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pepper just before serving
- Put ham in the slow cooker.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, (except for pepper) making sure the honey and mustard are both well incorporated.
- Pour over ham in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add pepper just before serving.