Week 2 of Kids in the Kitchen. Again, I had grand plans, but the week got away from me! I intended on having the kids help me make spaghetti bread on Thursday and the next thing I knew, it was made. So this morning I had the kids make their own lunches. Wow, what a help that was! Normally I’m running around the kitchen getting my husband ready, making breakfast, and making the kids lunches. Having them help was really great!
First, the bigger kids made the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while Little Man put the string cheese in each lunch. Then Buddy and Monkey cut the strawberries using a Curious Chef knife. Buddy had a really great time playing with the strawberry top remover.
While finishing up the last bits of the lunches, Buddy decided he was going to get breakfast ready for all the kids, too. He poured the cereal and milk for everyone. I didn’t know what to do with all my spare time!
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your#kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Melinda at Look What Mom Found and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please).
2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage.
3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run.
I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.