Today is day 14! That means I’ve now shared 2 full weeks of cookies with you so far! Today I’m not only offering you recipe, but I also have a $25 gift card giveaway to Wayfair. Wayfair has a ton of awesome items for the home. They gave me a $25 card to go shopping on Peapod to get my cookie ingredients and sent me some really cool cookie items to try out. I have been wanting to try Peapod for a long time so I was really excited when I was asked to be a part of this campaign. Never having been on Peapod before, though, I didn’t realize there’s a $60 minimum order. That put me off a bit to their service. I do online orders with a local store and there is no minimum with them. I was able to find a code which got me $20 off my first order, so that helped some. Overall I was really happy with the Peapod service. The delivery man was very nice and he brought all of my groceries in for me! Not having to brave the cold, drag kids around a store and carry my groceries in makes the minimum and $6 delivery fee worth it!
Look at the pretty goodies I got from Wayfair! I didn’t try the rosette cookies yet, but I believe I will give them a try this weekend. I tried their Holiday Sugar Cookies recipe, which my husband said was actually pretty good. (He ONLY likes his Mom’s sugar cookie recipe.)
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- colored sugars
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir together butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add flour mixture; stir until dough is well blended. Wrap in plastic wrap and hill two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- OPTION 1 Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball, roll in a bowl of colored sugar and press slightly with the bottom of a cup. (This is the way I did it.)
- OPTION 2 Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface to ⅛ inch thickness. Cut into holiday shapes using cookie utters and transfer to prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until golden brown on edges; approximately 8-12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to rack to cool.
- Cool completely.
- You can also make an icing for your cookies if you cut and decorate them. You use 2 cups of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix them together and add food coloring for desired color. Spread icing on cookies and decorate with colored sugars and sprinkles.
How would you like a $25 Wayfair gift card so that you can get some cookie supplies or other household items you may need? (They even have an organization section, great for after Christmas and needing somewhere to put all those new toys!)
Note: I received a gift card to and supplies to make the above cookies. All opinions are my own.
Giveaway is open to the continental USA and ends on December 27, 2012 at 12:01 am EST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 24 hrs to respond. Winner may only win one prize pack, if you win on another site, a new winner will be drawn. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 24 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning are not increased by a purchase.