Day 16! Welcome to the 3rd Sunday in Advent. We are still praying in our house for the families in Connecticut that have had their Christmas torn apart.
Today’s cookie was inspired by my kids’ love of hot chocolate with these mini peppermint marshmallows in it. I wanted to make some cookie this month that had the marshmallows in it! The cookie is very light and not overly strong with the chocolate. The glaze is what gives it the hot chocolate flavor. My husband was pleasantly surprised with these cookies. He said he really liked them. I think they’re really pretty. 🙂
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant milk chocolate hot cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Jet Puffed Peppermint Mallow Bits
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- More Jet Puffed Peppermint Mallow Bits for tops of cookies
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ¾ cup butter and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs, ¼ cup milk and vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, cocoa mix and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Add in 1 cup of peppermint marshmallows.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Immediately remove cookies to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place powdered sugar into medium bowl; set aside. Combine all remaining glaze ingredients in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Pour mixture over powdered sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Immediately spoon glaze over cooled cookies. Sprinkle cookies with peppermint mallow bits.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in a loosely covered container.
Recipe Adapted from Land O Lakes