I can’t believe we are on day 4 already! Today I’m featuring a recipe from Domino Sugar. I’m going to share two more over the next two days and then I’ll have a giveaway for you! I really liked this recipe. I used Domino’s new Light sugar as a substitute in this recipe. I didn’t even taste a difference. You’ll hear more about the sugar in three days. Keep an eye out for that giveaway!
Serves: 5 dozen cookies
- ½ cup - butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup - Domino® Light Sugar (If using regular sugar, use ½ cup)
- ½ cup - firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1 - (11 oz) can mandarin oranges
- 2½ cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- ½ teaspoon - salt
- 1 cup - raisins
- 1 cup - walnuts, chopped
- Orange Frosting (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets. (or line with parchment paper)
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until creamy.
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving liquid for Orange Frosting. Stir oranges into sugar mixture. Stir together flour, soda, and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture until blended. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes; cool. Frost with Orange Frosting.
- Orange Frosting: In a small bowl, combine 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar, 2 tablespoons grated orange rind and 1 tablespoon reserved mandarin orange liquid. If desired, add more liquid until frosting is spreading consistency.