At the beginning of the month I shared with you about the Sargento Ultimate Cheeseburger contest. I was asked to go to The Butcher and the Burger to try their Drill Sargento Burger and to also share with you my ultimate cheeseburger.
A friend and I went to The Butcher and the Burger on Sunday for lunch. It’s located at: 1021 West Armitage, Chicago, IL. It’s in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. To be honest, I was not happy with the restaurant. The floors were sticky and the prices were HIGH! It was $48 for two of us to have lunch. We each had a burger, shared some fries and each had a shake. One cool thing about the restaurant was that they had potted plants outside growing tomatoes and herbs. I also wasn’t very fond of my burger as it had too much of a smoked flavor to it. Overall, I wouldn’t go back there, unfortunately. I think they have a good concept, but not a great follow through.
I want to share with you my husband’s and my Ultimate Burger. I accidentally forgot to pick up bacon today, but that totally makes this burger that much better. (Disclaimer: I am most definitely not saying this is a healthy burger, just yummy!)
- 2½ lb Angus Beef burgers (or meat of choice)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Fresh cracked garlic salt
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ yellow onion or vidalia, thinly sliced
- ½ carton of sliced mushrooms
- 3 T red wine
- 2 slices Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- A few slices of cooked bacon
- 2 buns
- Split your butter in half and place each half in a separate pot.
- Melt your butter and in the pot that you'll be placing your mushrooms, pour in 3 T of wine.
- Once butter is melted, put onions in one pot and mushrooms in the pot with the wine.
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, season your burgers with cracked pepper and garlic salt.
- Either grill or broil your burgers until cooked to your preference. We like medium.
- Cook your onions are until they are soft
- Cook your mushrooms until the majority of liquid disappears in the mushrooms.
- Melt your cheese over your burger.
- Top with mushrooms, onions, bacon (if you have it), and BBQ Sauce.
Don’t forget to visit Sargento’s Facebook page and enter their Ultimate Cheeseburger Contest!
Note: I was given a gift card to try the restaurant, coupons to buy the cheese and compensation for this post by The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.